Internships & In-Service Learning
Gain Experience and Build Your Resume
Developed and managed by CEO, Patti Jewel, this program is designed to provide insight and help those seeking an online media career gain valued experience. During the 4-6 month internship, students will work hands-on in their chosen discipline. We have a vast network and want to help each student hone in on the specific topic and specialty that benefits their career choices.
We have implemented a virtual internship program with one-on-one online/voice meetings once per week, daily open chat on google, and delegated tasks on google drive.
This program will prepare interns for the future in employment to be able to manage projects virtually and be self-disciplined with assigned tasks in the work force.
The recent pandemic shows the need to be able to be effective virtually and our virtual internships will give interns the opportunity to showcase to future employers that they are capable and have gained experience in this space.
This program is designed to provide hands-on experience working in our Winter Park office. Interns will work as part of our team in an office environment. Current in-house internships are on hold until further notice.
In-Service Learning Workshops
Our in-service learning is a 4 week program in-house in Winter Park every Sunday from noon-6pm. This is a targeted approach to gaining experience where each student will be part of a topic focus group with specific tasks and goals. Each month starts a new session. This is an ongoing year-round program. Come to one or more sessions to grow your resume and work on building your future.
In-Service Learning is open to any person of any age or background who is looking to gain hands-on experience in Editorial, writing, journalism, communications, social media, marketing, video editing, and management. In Service Learning Workshops are on hold until further notice.
What will Interns Learn from This Experience?
- Media & Online Industry Experience – The key in today’s competitive world is gaining experience, at The Smart Sites, our internships and in-service learning provides each intern with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience to help land their dream job.
- Targeted Work Experience – We have opportunities in a plethora of topics and areas of focus. We place each intern in the position where they can grow most effectively and build connections in their industry.
- One on One Mentorship & Personal Growth – At the Smart Sites, the internship is all about individual growth. Interns will receive one on one mentorship and training, business consulting, personal vision building, and self-awareness growth.
What Tasks Will Interns Perform?
There are several intern roles available throughout our organization. The position will be decided based on where the intern shows the most interest and where they perform best. For the first couple weeks, intern will have a chance to dabble in the areas and topics of interest before being assigned a specific role based on interest and strengths.
Some of the roles and activities include:
- Editorial Content – Creating engaging and unique content, data researching and entry. This role will choose a topic of interest and add articles and listings. This role will also assist in reviewing editorial content to edit and improve.
- Social Media Marketing and Management – Everything from creating and scheduling content, to engagement, to growth strategies, gain experience on all of the large social platforms.
- Marketing & Communications – This role will assist in creating engaging marketing promos, reach out in the community to build relationships, network with businesses and work with our editorial team for best SEO practices.
- Video Creation and Posting – create, edit and post short video clips.
- Correspondents & Video Talent – work in front of the camera and report on events, or share insights, crafts, recipes, knowledge.
- Online Media Website Processes – Work with the team for complete process from concept to development to implementation.
Interns will be chosen based on creativity, dedication and desire to contribute while also growing as an individual.
Spring / Summer Internships: Flexible start dates in April/May
Fall Internships: Flexible start dates in August/September
12 hours per week – flexible scheduling and ability to work virtually
Work with us
Get in Touch
Copyright © 2020 The Smart Sites, LLC
Office: 407 Lake Howell Rd. Maitland, FL 32751
Mailing: 5840 Red Bug Lake Rd, Winter Springs, FL 32708